I can carry out custom research for you as you require. Use my contact form or e-mail to provide more information and I’ll be happy to provide our best advice free of charge and with no obligation whatever. With 25 years experience of Scottish archives I like to think that I can give you an informed opinion of how you might proceed when you’ve reached an impasse in your research.
The archives I normally use are
- National Records of Scotland (Edinburgh)
- Scottish Borders Archives (Hawick Heritage Hub)
- Dumfries & Galloway Archives (Ewart Library, Dumfries)
- Perth & Kinross Archives (AK Bell Library, Perth)
- Edinburgh City Archives (Edinburgh City Chambers)
- Scotland’s Places (online resource)
Based in the Scottish Borders, I am well placed to research family connections with Roxburghshire, Peeblesshire, Selkirkshire, Berwickshire, Dumfriesshire, Edinburgh and the Lothians. Whilst the core of a family tree in Scotland is most efficiently researched via Scotlandspeople, many other records in other archives can help to bring colour and character to the individual ancestors within a family tree. I make no charge for travel to any of the above archives.